This article will show you how to send customized professional reminder calls or text or EMAIL messages to all your Practice Fusion patients. If you want to send affordable appointment reminder calls and texts (or fully customized emails) from Practice Fusion, you can use the service from 1-800 Notify by simply saving your PHONE LIST View schedule to an html file (webpage, complete) and uploading it to your HIPAA secure account. It's very easy to setup and use. Once you get going, it just takes about 3 minutes a day to call all your patients!
NOTE: If you need your appointment type in the data you upload, then you'll need to use the STANDARD VIEW report, as shown in this related article.
Like to give us a try for free? Check out our 30-day Free Trial
IMPORTANT: This process only works in the Google Chrome web browser.
STEP 1: Save your Practice Fusion PHONE LIST View Schedule to an HTML Webpage, Complete file.
1. Start Practice Fusion, login and click on the Schedule icon in the right side.
2. Click the Appointments tab.
3. Select Phone list view.
4. Bring up the correct date for the patients you wish to send reminders.
5. VERY IMPORTANT: Click the round Refresh arrow to make sure the correct appointments are showing up for the selected date. Sometimes the date will change, but the appointments will be for ANOTHER DATE until you click the Refresh arrow.
OPTIONAL: If you want to only select NEW PATIENTS, to send them an email with links to your new patient forms, you need to click the FILTER, Click on APPOINTMENT TYPES, then only check "NEW PATIENT" Appointment Types.
6. Right-click your mouse and select "Save as..."
(APPLE MAC: Ctrl-Click your mouse and "Save as..")
7. Select a file folder location you can find easily later when you need to upload this file.
8. Add the date of the appointments to the end of the file name. E.g. 06-13-2017 (don't use "/" in the date as the computer won't like it).
REMOVE ALL COMMAS FROM THE FILE NAME: Wednesday, September 13, 2017.html should be changed to something without commas, like 07-13-17.html
9. Make sure you see "Webpage, Complete" in the Save as type, it should default to this.
10. Finally, click "Save."
Congratulations! You're done with the export!
STEP 2: Upload your Practice Fusion file to your account at www.1800notify.com by following the steps in this related article.
A few tips when you upload that file you just saved:
Saving the webpage complete will save a file ending in .html and a File folder of the same name.
When you upload, please select the .html file, not the File folder.