This article describes one approach showing how your staff (or consultant) can automate your data feed to 1-800 Notify using SQL stored procedures and an Interface Engine.
The sample SQL stored procedure queries that are available from 1-800 Notify were originally developed to pull data from a Meditech Acute, Meditech Ambulatory and Meditech Community Wide Scheduling systems, but can be used as a basis to work with any SQL-accessible EMR/Scheduling/Financial or Practice Management system.
NOTE: Please contact our support team before you get started with this approach, as we have pre-built interfaces with specific systems. If you do not have an Interface Engine, we have alternative tools to help with the data transfer of the file from your servers to our site.
Contact us at: email@example.com or call us at 1-800-939-1853.
- You have access to your system data tables that you want to send to 1-800 Notify (e.g. schedule or patient accounts) live data or a near-live copy of the data (sometimes called a Data Repository or Data Warehouse).
- Your data tables can be accessed via SQL queries.
- You have Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (or equivalent) where you can write and execute stored SQL procedures.
- You have access to an Interface Engine (e.g. Orion Health Rhapsody, Corepoint Health, InterSystems Ensemble or equivalent) to transfer the data file securely to 1-800 Notify.
- You have a staff member or consultant that is familiar with the above tools.
1. Create one or more stored procedure (SQL queries) in the SQL Server Management Studio (or equivalent) which will:
a. Pull the data from your database tables into a temporary table.
b. Export that temporary table data into a flat file (e.g. pipe "|" delimited, Comma Separated Variable - CSV or similar)
TIP: Contact our support team firstname.lastname@example.org for a sample SQL Query to get you started.
2. Create a Job in your SQL Server Management Studio (or equivalent) to automatically run your stored procedure when required (e.g. Every weekday at 2:00 pm).
The output of this Job will be to put the flat file into a specific directory that is monitored by your Interface Engine.
3. Create a Task in your Interface Engine to monitor the specific directory and send that file securely via SFTP to www.1800notify.com.