This article shows you how to send daily appointment reminders (calls or text messages) to your patients or clients from a Google Sheets spreadsheet. Learn more about Free Google Sheets (click here). You can use the free Google Sheets to manage your schedule, then download and send the daily export file to your account at 1-800 Notify.
1. Request access to the free sample Google Spreadsheet by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 1-800-939-1853.
2. Open the spreadsheet in Google Sheets and save a copy for your own use.
A few tips and tricks:
- Only put one day's appointments on one tab in the spreadsheet.
- Appointment times do not need to be in order.
- Each appointment is on a separate row.
- Only the first 5 columns are required, the next 5 are optional.
3. Add a New Day (Tab) for scheduling by copying an existing Day (Tab)
Click the small triangle next to the tab name at the bottom and select Duplicate.
4. You will see a new tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Double-click on that tab to change the name to the new day. E.g. 6-2-2015.
5. Now, make sure to adjust column D to the new date by copying and pasting. Then, add new appointments by overwriting the old ones and adding new rows below.
6. You can optionally add provider names and appointment types. For example, you might want to give a different message ("arrive 15 minutes early") for new patients by adding the word "NEW" in the Appt. Type (column G).
WHEN YOU WANT TO SEND YOUR SCHEDULE FOR REMINDER CALLS / TEXTS...
1. From the File Menu, select File > Download As > Comma-separated values (.csv)
2. Note that the file name ends with the name of the day (tab) you are viewing when you selected Download As. Select a folder you can find easily later when you need to select the file to upload to www.1800notify.com.
Now, you're done exporting this day's schedule to the CSV file, you now need to upload and schedule the reminder calls and texts in your secure account on www.1800notify.com by following the steps in this related article: