This article shows you how to control which patients receive text message reminders. NOTE: If you have asked us to set up your reminders with phone call as the alternative to texting, when a patient is opted out from texting, they instead will automatically receive a phone call.
TIP: Your patients can control OPT-OUT and OPT-IN directly from their mobile phones using "STOP" and "RESUME" and the patient control will override the opt-in changes you make here - learn how in this article.
If you are interested in Do Not Call - see this article.
Log into your account at www.1800notify.com.
FIRST, SEE IF THE PATIENT IS ALREADY IN CONTACTS
1. Click on the CONTACTS tab.
2. Search by last name, or phone number (if you are searching by phone number the formatting matters, so "386-111-5555" will not match "3861115555")
3. If you find the patient, then double-click on their name or click on their name, then click the Modify button to edit their contact info.
4. If the patient is not already, in the contacts list, then click the New button.
5. If you are adding a new contact, type their name and mobile phone number.
6. To opt-out a person from receiving texts messages, then check the opt-out box next to Mobile Phone.
To opt-in a person to start receiving text messages, then un-check the opt-out box.
7. Click Save.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If a patient opted-out themselves by sending "STOP" from their mobile phone -- then the only way to opt them back in to texting is for that patient to send the word "RESUME" to 85760. Learn more about patient controlling opt-out or opt-in here.