Automated Patient Appointment Reminder Calls with GE Centricity and 1-800 Notify
Want to try our appointment reminders? Click here: http://www.1800notify.com/signup/
This process shows you how to make both appointment reminder calls and 2-week ahead lab work reminder calls from GE Centricity with 1-800 Notify.
You will be exporting both LAB reminders (schedule 2 weeks ahead) and REGULAR appointment reminders (this example shows 3 working days ahead, but you can easily change this to meet your needs).
TIP: Please see the attached .PDF file (below) to view this procedure with all screen shots.
- In the Centricity system, click the Reports icon
2. To start creating your report, in the left column:
a. Expand the Reports folder.
b. Expand the Schedule folder and click on the Appointments report.
- In the right column, enter the From Date and *To Date **in the format *mm/dd/yyyy
IMPORTANT: Uncheck the box next to "Include Referring source/physician"
**Leave all other fields blank or alone.
4. Click the Preview Report icon near the top of the page next to the printer icon.
TIP: For the Lab Work reminders, select a date 2 weeks from today. **_For the Regular Appointment reminders, select a date 2 business days from today. (e.g. If today is Wed select Fri, on Thu select Mon, on Fri select Tue, etc.)
_When the report pops up, click the **Export Report icon (top left of window)
5. In the drop down field on the next screen, choose **Separated Values (CSV).
6. For the Destination, leave as Disk file and click OK.
7. Leave the next screen alone and click OK.
8. Now, you will select where to save the exported report and name it.
Click the Computer icon on the left side of the window.
Scroll down and click on C on (your computer), shown as C on EMS-BACKDESK here.
Name the file according to whether you are doing Lab reminders (2 wks) or Appt. Reminders (3 days), so you will know what file to upload to the 1800 Notify system:|
lab-02-15-13 = LAB REMINDER appt-02-01-13 = APPOINTMENT REMINDER
You're done with the export. Now, log into your account at www.1800notify.com and upload the files to each of the Lab-Work and Appt messages and schedule when you want the calls to start as shown in these instructions:
Please sign in to leave a comment.