Automated Appointment Reminders with Carestream Dental CS SoftDent and 1-800 Notify
This article will show you how to send customized professional reminder calls or texts to all your CS SoftDent scheduled patients. If you want to send affordable appointment reminder calls from Carestream Dental CS SoftDent software, you can use the service from 1-800 Notify by simply exporting your daily schedule to a REP file and uploading it to your HIPAA secure account. It's very easy to setup and use. Once you get going, it just takes about 3 minutes a day to call or text all your patients!
TIP: Patient Re-Activations are also a breeze with 1-800 Notify - see: https://1800notify.zendesk.com/entries/77163855
1. Log into CS SoftDent
2. Select Reports > Recall / Appt > Confirmation List > By Date and Time.
- From Output Options, select File and click OK.
- Select the Start and Stop date for the appointments you want to confirm. (Usually the next business day or 2 business days from now).
IMPORTANT: If you schedule appointments without specifying a Code, then you have to change the code range starting from 100 (which is the default) down to 0 as shown. If you don't do this, then every appointment scheduled without a code (e.g. 0) will not show up on your appointment reminder calling list and those patients will not be called.
Similarly, you need to check the box next to "Exclude if no Address" in order to include patients who might not have a mailing address entered.
Then Click OK.
- Type a descriptive name for the file, in this case, we are using the date of the exported appointments - 01172015, and click OK.
You cannot only enter numbers, no dashes or slashes in the file name and only up to 8 characters long.
- Now, you need to locate where this file is stored. Usually, if your CS SoftDent is on a networked computer, you will see it on your "T:" or "Z:" drive on your computer. If you cannot find it, please contact our support team at 1-800-939-1853.
TIP: When you locate the SoftDent REP file you just exported. Click the icon to show the DETAILS (including the Date Modified) column. Then click the Date Modified column twice to sort by most recent files on the top - that should help you quickly find the file when you upload it to 1-800 Notify.
Now, that you have the file exported for the reminders, you can login to your secure account at 1-800 Notify, upload it and schedule when the appointment reminders should start.
Learn how to do this using this related article:
Please sign in to leave a comment.