Now, you can easily send phone call or text message appointment reminders from Acumen nEHR for nephrology practices. If you want to send affordable appointment reminder calls or text messages from Acumen, you can use the service from 1-800 Notify by simply exporting your daily schedule to a CSV (Comma Separated Variable) file and uploading it to your HIPAA secure account. It's very easy to setup and use. Once you get going, it just takes about 3 minutes a day to remind all your Acumen patients!
VALIDATE MOBILE PHONE NUMBERS: If you choose, we can auto-detect if the phone number you entered is a valid mobile phone or a land line. If it's a mobile phone and you want us to send a text reminder, we'll do it.
CUSTOM REPORT FROM ACUMEN SUPPORT: You'll need to contact Acumen Technical support first, to ask them to create a custom report for you that contains the following columns:
Scheduled Start_Time, Scheduled PatFName, Scheduled PatLName, Scheduled Home_Phone, Scheduled Work_Phone, Scheduled Cell_Phone, Scheduled ProviderLName, Scheduled Facility_Name (you can optionally include Appointment Type and Appointment Status if you want to customize your reminders or send Missed Appointment notices)
1. From the Acumen PM Main Menu, select the Setup > Query Builder.
2. From the Saved Queries drop down, select your custom report that was created for you - in this case it's the Patient Appt Report.
3. Click the Edit button.
4. Adjust the DATE for the query to pull the appointments for the correct date - usually 2 day ahead. If today was 6/28/16, then you would change the date to include 2 days ahead or 6/30 appts - so the query would be
between 06/30/2016 05:46:00 to 07/01/2016 05:46:00
5. Now click the Run button.
6. Verify that the correct dates show up on the screen below, then click Export >> CSV.
7. What happens next depends on your browser settings. If you are using Internet Explorer and have settings to allow you to specify the file name and location, you will see a Yellow pop up bar at the bottom. Click the triangle next to SAVE button.
Then, you will be given a chance to put the downloaded file into a specific folder - maybe choose your desktop or another location you can find later when you will upload it to 1800notify.com.
Then type in a file name, like the date of the appointments: 06-30 appt file.csv